Asset Management System
AMS was made for IT asset management, to enable IT departments to track who has which laptop, when it was purchased, which software licenses and accessories are available, and so on. Assets being checked out to People, however you can also check out Assets to Locations and other Assets.
If you’ve already been using something (even spreadsheets) to keep track of your asset data, you probably already have a workflow of sorts, even if it’s something very straightforward (and perhaps not even officially formalized), such as:
- New employee is hired
- Asset(s) are assigned to them
- System is updated to reflect who the Asset is checked out to
- Employee leaves, turns in Assets during final interviews
- Asset is marked as “Pending Imaging” and added to the queue to be backed up/wiped
- Asset imaging is completed, Asset is put back into circulation to be checked out to someone else
AMS can grow with you as you refine your process.